The Basic Education Funding Commission will hold its next public hearing to continue to discuss and receive testimony regarding a new formula for distributing basic education funding to Pennsylvania schools. The commission was established through Act 51 of 2014 to review and make recommendations related to basic education funding.
Basic Education Funding Commission, co-chaired by Senator Pat Browne and Representative Mike Vereb. The hearing will be held in the district of commission member Representative Mark Longietti.
Tentatively scheduled to testify include:
- Mark Ferrara, Superintendent of Greenville Area School District
- Michael Calla, Acting Superintendent of Sharon City School District
- Dr. Daniel J. Bell, Superintendent of Hermitage School District
- Dr. Brad Ferko, Superintendent of Sharpsville Area School District
- Jerome Sasala, Acting Superintendent of Austin Area School District
- Jeremy Resnick, Executive Director and Founder of Propel Schools Foundation
- Mike Gentile, CEO of Keystone Charter School
- Dr. Jay Badams, Superintendent of Erie School District
- Bill Nichols, Superintendent of Corry School District
Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 10 a.m.
Greenville Junior/Senior High School
9 Donation Road
Greenville, PA 16125
Note: The Basic Education Funding Commission has scheduled additional hearings on February 5 in Montgomery County and February 26 in Dauphin County.
We invite the media to attend and cover this event.
Vicki Wilken (Senator Browne) firstname.lastname@example.org – 717-787-1349
Matt Moyer (Senator Browne) email@example.com – 610-366-2327 (Office) & 610-349-2879 (Cell)
Steve Miskin (House Leadership) firstname.lastname@example.org – 717-772-9943
Dan Massing (Representative Vereb) email@example.com – 717-772-9845