The Basic Education Funding Commission will hold its next public hearing to continue to discuss and receive testimony regarding a new formula for distributing basic education funding to Pennsylvania schools. The commission was established through Act 51 of 2014 to review and make recommendations related to basic education funding.
Basic Education Funding Commission, co-chaired by Senator Pat Browne and Representative Mike Vereb.
Tentatively scheduled to testify include:
- Pedro A. Rivera, Superintendent for the School District of Lancaster
- Matt Przywara, Chief Financial Officer for the School District of Lancaster
- John Nodecker, Superintendent for the Manheim Township School District
- Michael Crossey, President, PA State Education Association
- Eric Elliott, Director of Research for School Funding & Finance, PA State Education Association
- Joan Benso, President & CEO, PA Partnerships for Children
- W. Michael Nailor, Pennsylvania School Librarians Association
- Michael Churchill, Of Counsel, Public Interest Law Center of Philadelphia
Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at 10 a.m.
McCaskey East High School
1051 Leigh Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17602
Note: We invite the media to attend and cover this event.
Vicki Wilken (Senator Browne) email@example.com – 717-787-1349
Matt Moyer (Senator Browne) firstname.lastname@example.org – 610-366-2327 (Office) & 610-349-2879 (Cell)
Steve Miskin (House Leadership) email@example.com – 717-772-9943
Dan Massing (Representative Vereb) firstname.lastname@example.org – 717-772-9845
Tim Eller (Secretary Dumaresq) email@example.com – 717-783-9802