The Basic Education Funding Commission will hold its next public hearing to continue to discuss and receive testimony regarding a new formula for distributing basic education funding to Pennsylvania schools. The commission was established through Act 51 of 2014 to review and make recommendations related to basic education funding.
Basic Education Funding Commission, co-chaired by Senator Pat Browne and Representative Mike Vereb.
Tentatively scheduled to testify include:
- Nate Benefield, Vice President of Policy Analysis of the Commonwealth Foundation
- The Pennsylvania School Boards Association
- John Bell, Superintendent of Delaware Valley School District
- Carole Geary, Superintendent of Pleasant Valley School District
- Sharon Laverdure, Superintendent of East Stroudsburg Area School District
- Meg Dilger, President of Pocono Mountain School Board
- Dr. John A. Toleno, Superintendent of Stroudsburg Area School District
Thursday, December 4, 2014 at 10 a.m.
East Stroudsburg High School South
Carl T. Secor Administration Building
50 Vine Street
East Stroudsburg, PA 17601
Note: We invite the media to attend and cover this event.
Vicki Wilken (Senator Browne) email@example.com – 717-787-1349
Matt Moyer (Senator Browne) firstname.lastname@example.org – 610-366-2327 (Office) & 610-349-2879 (Cell)
Steve Miskin (House Leadership) email@example.com – 717-772-9943
Dan Massing (Representative Vereb) firstname.lastname@example.org – 717-772-9845
Tim Eller (Secretary Dumaresq) email@example.com – 717-783-9802